Tuesday, June 16, 2009

♦ Welcome to The World Assessor ♦

In a world increasingly overflowing with answers and yet devoid of logical explanations, there exist relatively few outlets for pertinent insights into contentious topics. Whether scouring the internet or your local newspaper, conflicting accounts of critical stories can create confused pictures of genuinely international issues. Often it seems any given global problem can be broken down into two simple possibilities: Is the answer this? Or is it that? How about global warming, or global cooling? Israel, or Palestine? Both?

The World Assessor seeks to address issues in a clear, informative and incisive manner, to provide both enlightenment and a challenge to the reader. There will be obvious positions, slants and opinions, delivered to you without shame, without holding back and without totalitarian political correctness to save face. Indeed if one cannot assess current events without boldly standing behind their beliefs, what is the point of telling others what you think?

My name is Robert D. Onley and I welcome you to The World Assessor. Please join me for what I know will be an exciting journey through the events of our times. I cannot promise that you will always agree with me, and I definitely won't always agree with you. But if you leave this blog with even the slightest questioning of your own careful considerations about world events, then I have done my job. With that, let's begin; the world awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment